Spring Game | April 13, 2019 Bike Valet offered by BikeLNK and Bike Walk Nebraska @ 12th and Q Street. BikeLNK
Bicycle Friendly University
UNL is a Bicycle Friendly University
UNL honored as Silver Level Bicycle Friendly University by The League of American Bicyclists.
Bicycle Friendly America℠ ProgramThe League of American Bicyclist's Bicycle Friendly America program provides a roadmap, hands-on assistance and recognition for states, communities, universities and businesses. The BFA℠ program is a tool for states, communities, business and universities to make bicycling a real transportation and recreation option for all people.
For more information on the Bicycle Friendly America Program, please visit The League of American Bicyclists' Website.
For more information on the League of American Bicyclists, click here.
The Essential Elements of a Bicycle Friendly America℠According to The League of American Bicyclists, there are five essential elements to a Bicycle Friendly America℠, known as the Five E's.
- Engineering: Creating safe and convenient places to ride and park
- Education: Giving people of all ages and abilities the skills and confidence to ride
- Encouragement: Creating a strong bike culture that welcomes and celebrates bicycling
- Enforcement: Ensuring safe roads for all users
- Evaluation & Planning: Planning for bicycling as a safe and viable transportation option
Bicycle Friendly University ProgramThe Bicycle Friendly University (BFU℠) program recognizes institutions of higher education for promoting and providing a more bikeable campus for students, staff and visitors. The BFU program provides the roadmap and technical assistance to create great campuses for cycling.
Local Bicycle Friendly Organizations
- Lincoln – Bronze
- Omaha – Bronze
- South Sioux City – Bronze